Thursday, December 16, 2010

Moving on & moving up.


WARNING
*This post is super cheesy.
It's on my heart though & I have to get it out!!!!

In my life, I've held a lot of jobs.
I've definitely had more than my share of managers.
Some were good, some were bad, some were forgettable & some were/are inspiring.
Over the past 10 years, there have been 5 managers,
on a store manager level, 
that have captured a place in my heart forever.
They've gone beyond motivating me in my work life, 
they've inspired me in my personal life.
This post is for & about them.

1.  Precia.  (American Eagle)
The value of hard work I learned from this amazing lady.
She taught me what it means to be passionate about your what you're doing, 
not only at work but also in life in general.  
If you see something that needs to be done, do it.
Find something you love & do it well.
Treat the store like it's your home.
She played a major role in my life 
that I'm eternally grateful for on a personal level.
She helped me become an independent person.
She's one of my favorite people of all time & a hero of mine!
I feel lucky to count her as a friend now!

2. Tracy (Bath & Body Works)
This lady taught me how to make customers feel right at home.
She taught me to approach people like they're you're best friend.
She taught me the importance of being excited about your product.
One of the most valuable things she taught me was 
to get on each customer's level.
If someone is speaking rapidly & in a hurry, speed up.
If they're calm & in no hurry, slow it down, even if you're busy.
People love to know you're really listening.

3.  Jim (Sephora)
I showed up at my interview with him fresh from a 4 hour drive,
rambling on to him about how I curled my hair in the bathroom
and loved Sephora with all my heart.
He took a chance on me & I moved to Charlotte where I knew no one
to do makeup for a new store that was opening.
Jim taught me the value behind the products.
Before working for him, I would feel weird sometimes
when telling a customer a high price for a product.
Jim helped me to understand not only the value of the products
but also the value of my knowledge.
If it weren't for Jim, I have no idea where I would be in life.
There'd be no North Carolina chapters in my story.
I'm eternally grateful to him for taking a chance on me!

4. John (Sam Ash)
I have never met anyone else with such amazing life stories.
I learned so much about music while working at Sam Ash.
John has led the kind of life I could only hope to live.
Seriously, super cool.

5.  Eric (Where I currently work)
Be nice to others and they'll be nice to you.
Eric taught me that it's the people that make the job.
Without him, I would never be doing what I am now.
He's a genuinely nice person who's honest with customers.
He's entirely patient with the most trying of customers.
Sometimes I get super frustrated but he takes it all in stride.
It inspires me to be more like that!
Today was my last day working with him.
He leaves tomorrow to work for Louis Vuitton,
the best of the best jobs in my world.
I could not be more excited for someone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment