Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Salsa // Love & Recipes

First of all, I have to tell you that I LOVE salsa.  
It's not that I just sort of like it or that I'm just a fan.  
I seriously LOVE it.
Like I would marry it.
Weird but you know what I mean.
Right?
It's really serious.  
I could and do eat it every day.  
It's the little things in life, ya know?  :)
Okay.  So. Now that we're clear, I'll move on from my soap box.  
After years of eating the jarred stuff on the regular, I wanted a change.
I googled and I googled.  
Nothing seemed right for me.
That was until I found this beautiful recipe by The Pioneer Woman.
She is fantastic, by the way, in case you don't know.
The first time I made this deliciousness I was sold.
I went and bought a food processor specifically for salsa making.  
So here it is...
(adapted from Pioneer Woman // original recipe here)

1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
2 jalapenos, sliced 
about 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
about 1/4 teaspoon Salt
about 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
one whole bundle of Cilantro
1/2 whole Lime Juice
*sometimes I add a handful of frozen pineapple tidbits for good measure :)

Drain tomatoes & Rotel.
Mix everything together in a large bowl.
Process in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds. 
That's it folks.  




No comments:

Post a Comment