Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Night Recording

Several hours of drum track recording has this effect on me.

Today has been awesome.
First of all, I had the day off which is always fun.
Second of all, I scored a deal on an album I am now in love with forever.
It's Naked Willie from Willie Nelson.
The songs are all from his early years at RCA.
They're stripped down versions of the originals though.
Gone are the fancy arrangements.  
What's left is pure and unadulterated Willie Nelson at his finest.
I'm so in love.
"Laying My Burdens Down" is so catchy I can't stop listening to it.
"Bring Me Sunshine" is the happiest love song I've heard in a while.
God, I love Willie Nelson!  

This picture cracks me up!!! (source)

Another cool thing that happened today was that I found
the most amazing sweater on sale at Anthropologie in purple!
It's mohair, I think, and has a ruffle around all the edges expect the arm opening.
I am super excited to have found it!
I've never owned any clothing from Anthro, excluding socks, until now.
I also picked up some of the adorable gift wrap I was coveting from there.
I got it on sale!
One thing is a wooden spool of sunshine yellow velvet ribbon.  
It's such a happy color.
I plan to embellish a cheapie Target cardigan with it to jazz it up.
Pictures to come soon!  

Anyway, tonight I am just hanging out at Jeremy's
while the Eric & Rusty are here recording songs for their new album.
He has the best art on his walls.
I'm trying to be quiet, hopefully my banging on the computer keys
isn't showing up on the recording.
I feel like I'm always sitting on the couch near people while they record.
So yeah, I could not be happier for Eric.
He's wanted this for as long as I've known him.
It's nice to see it finally working out for him.
I'm gifting him the materials for the album for Christmas.
Blank printable cds, jewel cases, ink, paper, yada yada.
I see a lot of cd replication in my computer's future.
Eric drew the album art already & I can't wait to post it on here.

I hope everyone is having a safe & warm Friday night!
Take care everyone!  Love you all.

Forever a band momma, Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment